AirFusion Elite Inflatable Kayak
So you’re looking for a kayak that packs up into a bag, but you want the performance of a sleek hard shell?
Yes, you CAN have it all. The AirFusion Elite Inflatable Kayak is for the more serious kayakers who really want to move, but don’t want the weight and inconvenience of a long and heavy hardshell kayak.
The AirFusion Elite is narrow and has a rounded hull, which means you can use proper paddling technique to get a good workout and really zoom through the water. It performs very well in the open ocean and is often used for multi-day expeditions because you can cover large stretches of water quite quickly.
Here is what makes the AirFusion Elite one of my favourite inflatable kayaks:
Amazing Performance on the Water
- Extra long (4m) for speed – this kayak really zooms!
- Glide straight with the award winning skin-on-frame hybrid design from Advanced Elements
- Optional Skeg for enhanced tracking
- Low centre of gravity reduces the affect of wind
Allows for Proper Paddling Technique
- The narrow beam allows you to draw powerful strokes close by your hips
- The front thwart acts as a foot brace and can be moved forward or backwards so you can support yourself as you twist your torso
Great for Expeditions and Open Ocean
- On deck storage space for gear – the AirFusion Elite has a capacity of 106kg so you can load up the deck with gear if you are going for a multi-day expedition
- Stay dry with the inflatable coaming and optional skirt
- Your back is supported by the high back seat so you are comfortable all day
- Comes with a rear hatch for easy access to items you want to keep dry
Quality Design & Manufacturing
- Multi-layer material design for protection of the inner tubes – there is very little risk of puncture
- Durable triple layer PVC tarpaulin hull so you don’t have to worry about damage on rocks
- Multiple air chambers for safety – if one chamber is compromised, the others will still function
- 1 year manufacturer’s warranty from Advanced Elements
- Extremely lightweight for a high performance kayak at only 14.5kg – this is significantly lighter than an equivalent hard shell kayak, allowing you to carry the kayak easily
- Compared to other skin-on-frame kayaks, the design uses high pressure air chambers to provide rigidity, reducing the number frame parts for dramatically faster set-up time
- Packs up into a bag about the size of a suitcase for easy storage and transport – planes, trains and automobiles, the world is your oyster!
The AirFusion Elite is not as stable as our other inflatable kayaks, but recreational paddlers with a little bit of experience will get the hang of it pretty quickly (I am a recreational kayaker and I love paddling the AirFusion Elite).
The AirFusion Elite inflatable kayak is fine for class 1 and 2 rivers, however it is designed to paddle in a straight line, and therefore not recommended for rivers above class 2. It is designed for day touring and expeditions, for flat or open (coastal) water.
- Unique Hybrid Aluminum Frame and High Pressure Air Chamber Design from Advanced Elements
- Inflatable coaming for attaching a spray skirt
- Roll-top rear storage access hatch
- Bungee deck lacing
- Moulded rubber handles
- Optional fixed skeg
- D-ring tie down
- Carrying Duffel Bag
- Folding Seat
- Repair Kit
- Owner’s Manual